Brickowner – An Introduction

Introduction

Brickowner was launched in early 2017 offering retail investors the chance to invest in a slice of an institutional property investment opportunity. These kind of investments are traditionally beyond the reach reach of the smaller retail investors with a typical minimum buy in at £25’000 upwards. With Brickowner you can invest from as little as £100.

Brickowner is structured to working with experienced and established property developers and asset managers. These more experienced partners bring with them the access to these larger institutional investment opportunities. Brickowner operates as an appointed representative of Gallium Fund Solutions Ltd, who is fully authorised and regulated by the FCA in the UK.

Brickowner typically charges an upfront fee of 3.00% when investing in an opportunity although fee structure can vary per property (please check the specific property term sheet before investing in an opportunity). If a 3.00% charge is applicable, it’s inclusive, meaning if you invest a minimum of £100 you will actually invest £97 paying a £3 fee.

Brickowner currently does not operate a functionable secondary market place so an early exit is generally not possible. Deposits can be made via debit card (instant) or bank transfer (typically 3 working days).

The Property Page

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 09.01.22
A sample of the Brickowner property page

Brickowner can offer two types of return on an investment opportunity. An income payment typically received per annum throughout the duration of the project and/or a completion payment once the project is finished. For Example the ‘All Saints’ project offers a 5.00% income payment over 4 years (20.00%) plus a completion payment of 20.00%, totaling 40.00% over 4 years (or 10.00% per annum).

Referral Link For Brickowner

This link provides a referral bonus of £100 when a new customer signs up and invests £1000 using the link (T&C’s apply). The bonus is split £50 to the new customer and £50 to Proptechfish.com Any bonuses received by this blog go towards the cost of maintaining an advert free blog and will be warmly appreciated.        

Ablrate – An Introduction

Introduction

Ablrate was established in 2014 as business focused P2P lender. It offers asset backed loans in property, capital equipment and eco- projects. The minimum initial deposit for Ablrate is £100 (via bank transfer only) with a minimum loan deposit of £1. Loans are either ‘interest only’ or ‘amoritising’. Ablerate advertises a lender return of 10-15% annualised. Ablerate is fully authorised and regulated by the FCA and gained its IFISA permission from HMRC in August 2017.

Ablerate also offers a secondary market place for early loan part disposals. It works on a premium/discount offering meaning a seller can sacrifice some interest rate while a buyer picks up a higher interest rate to reflect the risk exchange.

 

Ablrate dashboard 

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 17.04.03
The Ablrate Dashboard

Ablrate has a modern, clean looking dashboard that displays everything you need to know about your current portfolio.

The top box – shows a headline figure for any new loans available on the platform, clicking browse now will take you a details page.

Cash Balance box – shows any unassigned funds as ‘Funds Available’ these can be withdrawn immediately (minimum loan assignment is £1 and in whole pounds thereafter). This box also shows your ‘Total Fund’ balance. This is all of your active loans plus ‘Pending Loans’, plus ‘Funds Available’ on Ablerate.

Invested Funds box – this is your balance currently assigned to active loans, any balance assigned to loans not yet activated is shown as a separate figure under ‘Pending Loans’. Ablrate do not pay interest on ‘Pending Loans’.

All Interest Earned box – shows your interest to date. This figure can be a little misleading as it includes interest earned on held loans, cashback and interest on sold loans, hence why the figure does not tally up with the total funds balance. This box also includes ‘Next Payment Date’ and ‘Next Payment Amount’ while this is a handy metric, unfortunately if you experience a non payment on a loan the figures get stuck until that late payment is made, making the figures next to useless.

Secondary Market box – this displays any bids or offers you currently have on the secondary market place. When you bid (to buy) a loan part your bid is entered into a list with most attractive bid ranking highest. The same is true when offering a loan part for sale. The quicker you want to sell or buy loan part the closer you need to be to the best either offer or bid. If you don’t mind waiting for your bid or offer to be matched you can set it a little further away from the optimum meaning you can protenital make a better return for waiting a little longer. As with all secondary market places sale availability is subject to market conditions.